Saturday, October 18, 2008

Sorry I haven't updated lately

Not that there are many viewers right now, but I apologize for not updating the blog lately.
After an extended period of time of infirmity and growing weakness, my maternal grandmother passed away last Wednesday night. Her passing was not unexpected but something like that still comes as a bit of a surprise no matter how well prepared we feel we are for it.
My mother, her daughter, had been living with her for the past few years to take care of her in her growing infirmity. As Grandma succumbed more and more to blindness, dementia, Alzheimer's, and everything else that can afflict a 95 year old body, my mother devoted increasing time to caring for her.
I could have asked for no better grandmother to grow up with. She loved her family and gave freely of what she could. She is reflected in her daughter, her son, and me, her grandson.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Guy,

Just saw this... I wanted to say that this was a beautiful tribute to a wonderful lady...I am very glad I knew her.

Guy Taylor said...

Thanks, Lisa. I appreciate that.

Guy

Eliza Eats said...

Lovely blog yyou have