Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Pasadena Trad Shoot - It was a great day!

The long anticipated traditional shoot at Pasadena Roving Archers has now passed us.
I'm sorry to say that I did not get to actually do the shoot. I've found that when I set up my booth to sell I am better off not doing the shoot. When I've tried to do both I do neither very well. Too bad, the reviews I heard about the targets were universally good.
I didn't speak with anyone who didn't have a good time. The weather was great. The food the club had available for purchase was great. The target set-up was great. We didn't even get bothered by the big U2 concert that was held at the Rose Bowl that evening. Good thing, too. The concert was sold out at 95,000 tickets (!). The shoot was over and we were long gone before the traffic really got bad.
If you'd like to see some pictures Fayme took during the day you can go to this PaleoPlanet thread. Scroll down a bit to get to the pictures. You can also see them at Fayme's Flickr group for Pasadena Roving Archers.

Ron Buehler of the PRA has been trying to get the club to have a traditional shoot for some time. They finally got tired of listening to him and gave the go-ahead.
Ron, you did a great job putting the shoot together and running it. The club should be proud of you.
You can be assured that I'll be at the next traditional shoot the club has.

Thanks to everyone who stopped by to see my work and chat for a bit. And many thanks to those of you who purchased something. I got a lot of great comments on the arrow sets I displayed. One of the most common was, "those are too pretty to shoot."
Folks, pretty arrows fly just as good as ugly ones and they cost the same. Arrows are made to be in the sun and the wind. Let's get them out there where they can fulfill their destiny.

Thanks for reading.

4 comments:

Garith said...

I was bummed to miss it, as I was getting ready the wife reminded me that we had a 1st aid/ CPR class that day and we had some running around to do before she left for 2weeks.

The pics look good. Also thank Fayme (is that how you spell it?) for the invite on your other blog to dinner. We might have to do that soon!

Guy Taylor said...

Ahh, the old "first aid and CPR class" excuse.
Well, no worries. Better prepared than not. We did miss you, though. There are few enough traditional shoots for us to get together at. Besides, we needed to work on your arrows!
When your Mrs. gets back and re-settled we'll see what we can do about trying some new recipes out on you.

Garith said...

Could be a plan. This week has gotten away from me but how is next week looking for a wild rose and arrow working get together?

Guy Taylor said...

After Tuesday, could be good.