Thursday, August 29, 2013

No, no, no... this isn't good

So, close upon the heels of yesterday's post regarding the little scorpion that stung my foot the other night...

Jim and Carol, a wonderful couple, are bringing me their old bed frame and such tomorrow. They got a new bed and asked me if I could use the old frame and headboard. Yup, I sure can.
Today I was cleaning some things in the bedroom so we'd be able to get in there easily to work on the bed. I still have some bags of clothes my mother gave me from her recently passed husband that I haven't had a chance to go through yet and they were piled at the foot of the bed. I stacked the bags in the closet and got a few other things that were at the foot of the bed. I turned back to the area and just about had a fit. There, sitting on the carpet nonchalantly, was a very large scorpion. I called Fayme so she could see it too and went into the kitchen for something to put over it. A plastic tub served to trap him and he never moved until I slipped a piece of card stock under the container so I could lift it up with the scorpion inside. Fayme brought me a large glass jar and we transfered him into that.


 
I have to say that I am not at all happy about this one.
That first little scorpion was kind of cute but this one is a whole lot larger and it was in my bedroom. No, I am not at all pleased.
We'll be getting a blacklight in the next couple of days and we'll be checking closely for more of these buggers. Scorpions fluoresce under a blacklight so it should be easy to see any when the light hits them.
 
So it's rarely boring out here... but sometimes it does get a little too exciting. 

1 comment:

Djamieson said...

F$%$@!! Guy, that's crazy. Glad to see you're posting again, though.

Hope to see you guys someday soon.

Derek